An Introduction to Mindfulness Meditation
The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes – Marcel Proust
Did you know?
· The aim of mindfulness is to reduce your suffering.
· Research has proven mindfulness reduces stress and rewires your brain towards positive states.
· Mindfulness is not meditation, but you can become more mindful through meditation.
Mindfulness is the current buzzword, but how do you wade through the plethora of information available to understand what it is, how you do it and whether it’s something you could benefit from.
This 4 week course is an exploration of mindfulness. It is designed to provide a foundational knowledge of the concepts and practice of mindfulness, and opportunities to experience mindfulness based meditation related to the foundations of mindfulness - body, feelings, mind states and the lived experience. Exploration of basic neuroscience will help you understand how your brain works and the impacts on your life.
This exploration is for you if:
· You're curious about mindfulness and how it can help you
· You've wanted to try meditation
· You’re looking to make change in your life but are not sure how
· You need help dealing with life’s challenges
· You need time for YOU!
Each week you will be guided by through practices and discussion aligned to evidence based mindfulness techniques that reduce stress. Practices will be lying, sitting (chairs available) and moving.
Courses running soon
Toowong: Breathing Space Yoga Studio - June 5, 12, 19, 26 (4 weeks) Wednesdays 7:30 - 8:30pm
* Numbers are limited so book in to secure your place.
Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) 8 week program - coming Soon
Learn more about mindfulness based stress reduction…
Watch The Mindfulness Experiment on Catalyst SBS.